Monday, June 3, 2013

Trip Part 3: Finally in Peru!

When I finally arrived at Jorge Chavez International airport, Lima, Peru, I had to pay taxes on the electronic equipments that I brought in, which amounted to 600 sols because of the laptops and projectors that I planned on donating.  With my limited Spanish and their limited English, they explained that I had to get a letter from the Peruvian consulate for all the donated items. Then it will be exempted from tax.
Too late.... so I had to pay........ See receipt below.




After my long trip I ordered my first drink in Peru and got my change in nuevo sols.

Yummm... Nice refreshing lemonade.... Oops!! I forgot that I am suppose to drink bottled water only.
Luckily, I am good.... No diarrhea...

After finishing my lemonade, I walked around and met 3 other boys who were wearing Mission Possible Piura, Peru t-shirt. Mmmm....... I wonder whether there are going to the same parish as I am...
I bought a fridge magnet for my aunt because her hobby is collecting magnets from round the world.

I finally made it to Piura though, and am so excited for the next 16 days!

I am happy to see Ginet (my main contact before I came to Piura, Peru) and Giselle to welcome me at the airport.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!    I met them again and they are going to the same parish, Santisimo Sacramento. Thomas, Michael and Rustin from Sacred Heart School, will be volunteering in Santisimo Sacramento, Piura, Peru for 2 weeks. I am glad that we will have the chance to work together.


I discovered that Michael can speak Spanish. Need to learn some simple words and phrases from him.

After arrival, we were fortunate to witness the procession of  Virgen de la Mercedes.


No comments:

Post a Comment