Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Day at the Beach

Since the parish doesn't do work on Sundays, I went with the group from St Ann's parish, Texas, who just arrived yesterday, to spend a relaxing day at the beach. An hour's drive from Piura, the beach has a resort directly next to it and several fisherman as well. Along the beach houses were bags of sand to prevent the ocean from eroding away the house's foundation.
The beach!



Fisherman going out to sea to catch fish
 While exploring the beach, I saw tons of tiny snails in the sand. What surprised me was the lack of garbage on the beach. Usually, I can see tons of broken glass, but the beach was really clean and amazing.
Me playing in the sand 
And having fun :)

Sitting with the group from St. Ann's

We bought our lunch from the resort, and it was extremely delicious! I totally didn't expect an assortment of raw fish in lime juice to taste amazing, but I really enjoyed this dish.
Mixed Ceviche 

 At the end of the day, I got really sunburned, but I enjoyed this trip to the beach since it was a way to unwind. Since the beach is relatively close to Piura, and since some of the families from the villages visit it as well, it was nice to know that they could relax once in a while and head to the beach to unwind and forget about their troubles!

No comments:

Post a Comment