Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Life at the Parish

This is where I'll be living for the next two weeks! The room is quite comfy, and it has a really soft bed.  Piura definitely lives up to its name as the "City of eternal heat" because its always t-shirt and shorts, even at night!

I will be staying in Room 19 which is located at the second floor .

I am doing Math homework on my bed.  You can see that the walls are built from bricks. Wifi signal degrades while traveling through them
Here are a couple of important places in the parish where I stay at. There are many different missionaries that came here to work in Sacramento Santisimo, and they all have different rooms similar to mine.

These are the missionaries that are volunteering at Santisimo Sacramento, Piura, Peru while I am there.

My room, and entrance to the bathroom. Yes, I have an attach bathroom.   I don't need to queue for the use of restroom. I enjoy my stay at Santisimo Sacramento already. it is just like my home.
 However, we all share a common kitchen, eating place, and lounge. Delicious food is prepared for us after we come back from volunteering, and we get to talk about our experience at the table. At lunch, we usually hang around and discuss our plans for the next half of the day.


Breakfast in the morning.


There is always a bowl of fruits at every meal. The bananas there are super sweet and this is the first time I've seen a doughnut shape tangerine.
The kitchen!



Food is always serve in a pot. The left pot is instant noodle soup and the right pot is rice  (arroz).   I manage to pick up some Spanish especially when it comes to food.


 Someday we have beef stew instead of instant noodle soup. Yum.....


 It's always  buffet style.


Chow time, Yum. The food here is always yummy.
Usually I will take fried chicken, fried potato ball, fried fish and fruits. Chicha Morada is my favorite drink. It is made from purple corn (chicha) .

After we come back from our afternoon work, we have about an hour before we go to mass and then have dinner. Dinner's always a special time because we can relax and have fun and make up the itinerary for tomorrow.
Part of the eating area

The lounge


Doing my Math homework outside the kitchen (cocina).



No comments:

Post a Comment